Tuesday 27 September 2011

Look, I'll be honest with you...

I'm nervous about the Wednesday skate. There are hills. Big ones, little ones, roughly tarmaced ones, with whopping big pot holes. Sheep poo. Sheep poo on the bends on the hills...
With sheep in attendance?
I actually skated through dog poo today for the first time. Twice. Not on purpose, as a way of preparing myself for the more rural equivalent, just out of gormlessness. But I do feel like I can take on any variety of excrement you care to throw at me now; and having encountered a few Cumbrian farmers, I know this could well happen.

So I'm apprehensive about the terrain, the locals, cattlegrids, cattle...in fact I think I've almost talked myself out of the whole thing now....

Photo of lane on the route near Ings Copyright Ian Porter and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.


but most of all I'm worried about dogs on bloody extendable dog leads! Is there no escape?

No comments:

Post a Comment