Wednesday 16 November 2011

A shameful weekend

of full sun in the Lakes...but no skating! I know, I know - a wasted opportunity and I am ashamed of myself. My only excuse was the tarmac never quite drying out after the heavy morning dew. And the roads being never much less than one in five gradients anywhere. Oh and being knackered from fell walking; being knackered from trail running; being knackered from heavy cake consumption; and the SRD hill-braking system being as yet untried.





Normal misbehaviour will resume shortly. Just need to find a hill in/around Southport to
test the bleedin' brake. And then wait for the cover of darkness. Oh the shame.








Edit:


The SRD braking system is now un-untried. As of tonight I'm coming out of the closet as a fully born again heel brake user.

Not because they slow you down descending hills easily, which they do; nor because they're gonna transform my Lakes skating, which they are. No, it's because they make a MEGA-SQUEAL which, in the dark frightens the pants off any pedestrians within half mile of one. Cool.

1 comment: